Pages

We are Kenny and Ginny. We call Northeast Wisconsin and Michigan's Upper Peninsula home during the summer months. Together, we enjoy recreational boating on the Oconto River and the Bay of Green Bay and camping in the cooler northern states. When the boating season is over, we become snowbirds and head south for the winter with our luxury DRV Moble Suites 5th-wheel trailer that we call Château de Sallé.

I bought the Château de Sallé in July 2018 with my late wife Nancy after our Monaco Windsor motorhome, OWFISH, was totaled in an accident.

Comments to our post are welcome, but to prevent someone from using our journals to post unwanted SPAM, all comments must be approved before posting.

If you came to our online journal from a link, you can click on the Home link on the left side below the heading photo to see our complete journal.

Monday, November 26, 2007

Good Morning 26 November 2007

Let me start off by saying happy Birthday to my little sister Linda. I'll bet she woke up half the night waiting for my midnight call. Sorry, sis not at these prices. I sent you an email singing the song. I hope your birthday is great. We feasted on peanut butter toast with guava jam mm mm good. The day started out gorgeous don't you know. Kenny and I had our first bank experience in Grenada, If you think the lines are slow back home, there is no express lane, and everyone is on island time. I took 45 minutes and we were third in line. On customer said they were moving rather fast today.

Kenny and I hit 4 malls. Not American size malls, strip malls kind of. The prices are outrageous. I looked for Emily a Littlest Pet shop and it was 7 dollars compared to 4 in Wal-Mart. There were just a few, and mostly old ones that Emily already had. So toys will be bought in the states obviously. We looked at clothes and island gifts. They are of course at island prices too.

Off to lunch. There is a place called Carib Sushi, it too was high, but we ate anyway. A girl has to have her standards. LOL The sushi consisted of fresh red snapper and tuna with a Caribbean spice that added to the experience.. To say the least, Kenny didn't complain about the price due to the great quality of the meal. Upon our return to our cottage, Kenny decided to take a kayak trip around the cove to drool over some of the nice boats in the water. Either he hasn't seen the pictures of us, or didn't realize we were older and heavier, but the wind took control and took him down. I was relieved not to have gone, I would have panicked for sure. He had trouble getting back in the kayak, and a kind yachter came to his rescue. He brought out his dinghy and saved my husband. Brought him back to shore, and we live to sail another day thank God. When he returned to the cottage, he took a quick shower, and off to shopping again. Our maid, Josepha, is going to prepare some traditional meals for us for the next few days. I am looking forward to the meals, as the ingredients look interesting. But I will bet the food is great. Tomorrow we are planning to lay in the sun and just enjoy the water. I know it is amazing that I have enjoyed the water, but yes, I do look for fish and creatures, and if and when I see one, it may be my last venture in the waters. I hope they stay away. We are taking Josepha home via a fort that promises to have a picturesque view. Kenny will give you the information on this evening's adventure. Love and Kisses to those back home. Will write again tomorrow. Barb sends.

No comments:

Web Site Copyright © 2008-2022 The OWFISH Project - All Rights Reserved.
Web Design by Cap'n Kenny