Pages

We are Kenny and Ginny. We call Northeast Wisconsin and Michigan's Upper Peninsula home during the summer months. Together, we enjoy recreational boating on the Oconto River and the Bay of Green Bay and camping in the cooler northern states. When the boating season is over, we become snowbirds and head south for the winter with our luxury DRV Moble Suites 5th-wheel trailer that we call Château de Sallé.

I bought the Château de Sallé in July 2018 with my late wife Nancy after our Monaco Windsor motorhome, OWFISH, was totaled in an accident.

Comments to our post are welcome, but to prevent someone from using our journals to post unwanted SPAM, all comments must be approved before posting.

If you came to our online journal from a link, you can click on the Home link on the left side below the heading photo to see our complete journal.

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Cocktails, 1 December 2007

Kenny and I made plans to go with John and Lynn to the Prickly Bay Marina for drinks. How sad that they leave for the UK today, but their holiday is over. We have 2 more days in this beautiful country.

So let me tell you about the walk. The Marina is just around the corner from the cottages, so we walked. I really wanted to drive because I am spoiled and don't like walking, but was convinced that it was as far as walking from the end of the Wal-Mart parking lot. Wrong. There are no hills in the parking lot, and you have lights. But we chatted on the way to the marina, and I was exhausted when we arrived. The setting was like in one of those movies where you watch people sitting around the bar on the beach drinking. I looked around for Tom Cruise, to watch him twirling the bottles, but a very nice Lady was bartender. People were sitting around the bar talking and eating pizza. This ain't no Domino's the food is fresh with lots of ingredients, and told by the people eating that it was absolutely great. We had drinks, Kenny drank the local beer, and I wanted to try a few foo-foo drinks, so 1 pina colada, 2 banana daiquiris, and 3 bailey's on the rocks. You know that was way too much since I don't drink very often. But I was thirsty, and didn't think to order water. Lots of people visiting and talking, the music at the marina was taped Motown mostly, and not too loud that you'd have to yell at each other. Great atmosphere. The drinks were prepared with the bananas fresh in the banana daiquiri, and fresh coconut in the pina colada. Yummmm! Of course my sugar paid the price, but this is a dream vacation in a tropical country, we had to have one night of partying. Kenny was so relaxed and visited all evening. I am sure we both had a great time. I got drunk and had to be walked up the winding road by both Kenny and Lynn. By the time we decided to leave, I stood up, and wanted to lay down. We started our return to the cottage. The incline was too steep for me to do by myself, much worse after drinking. We laughed and walked safely back to the cottages.

This morning my sugar was a bit high, as I didn't take my insulin before going to bed (bad Barbara) slept soundly without waking up once, and now off to another adventure. We are going sightseeing and picture taking soon. Then a couple of hours at the beach, and resting for our last day. We'll be back with our daily events this evening. Love Barbie

No comments:

Web Site Copyright © 2008-2022 The OWFISH Project - All Rights Reserved.
Web Design by Cap'n Kenny