Pages

We are Kenny and Ginny. We call Northeast Wisconsin and Michigan's Upper Peninsula home during the summer months. Together, we enjoy recreational boating on the Oconto River and the Bay of Green Bay and camping in the cooler northern states. When the boating season is over, we become snowbirds and head south for the winter with our luxury DRV Moble Suites 5th-wheel trailer that we call Château de Sallé.

I bought the Château de Sallé in July 2018 with my late wife Nancy after our Monaco Windsor motorhome, OWFISH, was totaled in an accident.

Comments to our post are welcome, but to prevent someone from using our journals to post unwanted SPAM, all comments must be approved before posting.

If you came to our online journal from a link, you can click on the Home link on the left side below the heading photo to see our complete journal.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Livingston, TX

We got an early start this morning leaving out of Morgan City around 7:30 heading to Livingston, TX. Everything was uneventful until we stopped at the first rest stop entering Texas. I tried to start the generator and it wouldn't turnover. Next we stopped at a Flying J truck stop there in Orange, TX and their truck diesel pumps were not working right. I gave up after taking on only 7 gallons. We went across the Interstate from there to a Pilot truck stop and their card reader wouldn't read my credit card. I went in to give them my card so they would turn the pump on but there was a long slow line at the fuel desk so I said the hell with it I'll just get diesel up the road someplace. I still had enough fuel to go another 300 miles or so. We got into the Escapees RV Park in Livingston and got a good site so we could use our satellite TV and Internet. While setting up I heard a ticking noise coming from the generator. It sounded like an electric fuel pump so I pulled out the books and found that there was a fuse under an access plate so I opened that and pulled a fuse. That stopped the ticking noise. Next I setup the satellite dishes. The TV dish tuned in right away but I was unable to get the Internet dish aligned right so I fought with that until I could at least get it within a usable alignment. So much for a good travel day.

No comments:

Web Site Copyright © 2008-2022 The OWFISH Project - All Rights Reserved.
Web Design by Cap'n Kenny