Pages

We are Kenny and Ginny. We call Northeast Wisconsin and Michigan's Upper Peninsula home during the summer months. Together, we enjoy recreational boating on the Oconto River and the Bay of Green Bay and camping in the cooler northern states. When the boating season is over, we become snowbirds and head south for the winter with our luxury DRV Moble Suites 5th-wheel trailer that we call Château de Sallé.

I bought the Château de Sallé in July 2018 with my late wife Nancy after our Monaco Windsor motorhome, OWFISH, was totaled in an accident.

Comments to our post are welcome, but to prevent someone from using our journals to post unwanted SPAM, all comments must be approved before posting.

If you came to our online journal from a link, you can click on the Home link on the left side below the heading photo to see our complete journal.

Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Brake Repair

I made to to my daughter's house Saturday somehow. The voltage regulator on the rebuilt alternator gave out but it was still keeping the batteries charged. I still need to take that off and have it fixed again. I don't know how I made it in without the air brakes locking up on me though. On Monday I bought a repair kit for the air brake air dryer system for $170. The fixed one problem but not all of it. With the engine running, the air drier purged the air a couple of times but it didn't seal after purging and was leaking air. I did find an air leak in a cracked air line and fixed that. Then I ran the engine at full RPM, the dryer purged then remained opened. I ordered a rebuilt air dryer today for another $335. It should be in tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch Kenny. Those parts are sure expensive. I am thinking someone was watching over you to keep your vehicle running so you would make it safely to your daugther's home.

Karen

Web Site Copyright © 2008-2022 The OWFISH Project - All Rights Reserved.
Web Design by Cap'n Kenny