Pages

We are Kenny and Ginny. We call Northeast Wisconsin and Michigan's Upper Peninsula home during the summer months. Together, we enjoy recreational boating on the Oconto River and the Bay of Green Bay and camping in the cooler northern states. When the boating season is over, we become snowbirds and head south for the winter with our luxury DRV Moble Suites 5th-wheel trailer that we call Château de Sallé.

I bought the Château de Sallé in July 2018 with my late wife Nancy after our Monaco Windsor motorhome, OWFISH, was totaled in an accident.

Comments to our post are welcome, but to prevent someone from using our journals to post unwanted SPAM, all comments must be approved before posting.

If you came to our online journal from a link, you can click on the Home link on the left side below the heading photo to see our complete journal.

Monday, March 30, 2015

Niota/Sweetwater, Tennessee

We were on the road leaving Chattanooga by 9:30 this morning. Our next destination was only 68 miles north on I-75 at the Tennessee Country Campground in Niota, Tennessee. We got to the park at 11:00 but there was no one at the office. I called the cell phone number on the office door and the owner told me to park in the only site open, site #8. I pulled into the site and got the pickup unhooked and then started to get my services hooked up. I didn't empty my holding tanks before leaving the last RV park so that was one of the first things I wanted to do here. I hooked up the drain hose and pulled the handle to empty the black (sewage) tank. Almost instantly sewage started overflowing out of the park's sewer connection. There was a clog in their pipe. If you have ever watched Robin Williams' movie "RV", you might get the picture of the mess it made. Luckily I was right there on it and got the valve closed before it made too much of a mess. This was one of the many times while RVing the word "OWFISH" literally came to mind. The park's staff was able to soon unclog the lines and I washed off the spilled sewage from the concrete parking pad and had everything else hooked up and took a shower before my friends John and Kathy Winter arrived from Sweetwater.

No comments:

Web Site Copyright © 2008-2022 The OWFISH Project - All Rights Reserved.
Web Design by Cap'n Kenny